Thursday, October 11, 2012

Microwave Baked Apple

In honor of apple season and Halloween me and my mom made this delicious treat.
In comparison to a mug cake this has almost half the sugar and a third the butter.
Also it's an apple so that right there is better than flour and eggs. When I first heard of 
microwave baked apples I did not know that that was even possible so I asked my mom 
and she showed me how to make this amazing apple treat. The sugar, cinnamon and butter
mixed with the juice from the apple make the best sauce ever.

Ingredients:

One Granny Smith apple
Two TBSP brown sugar
1/4 tsp Cinnamon
1 TBSP butter



Cut the core out of the apple being careful not to cut through to the other side. 
Set the apple aside and discard the core


In a bowl add the sugar and cinnamon.


Mix this together.


Place the cinnamon sugar in the hole in the apple.


Put the butter on top of the sugar mixture. 


And cover with plastic wrap.


Microwave on high for two to five minutes. It really depends
on the size of the apple. Mine needed two minutes


Serve and enjoy!


1 comment: